Networker

[Networker] recommendations for networker server upgrade

2008-08-13 14:27:48
Subject: [Networker] recommendations for networker server upgrade
From: DRanged <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:17:18 -0400
We are testing a new backup environment consisting off T2000 Sol 10 NW7.4.2.
SL8500 7xLTO3.
Backup performance to tape or disk is excellent compared to are old environment
consisting of V440 Sol 9 NW7.2.2. same library, but the cloning from tape to
tape or from disk to tape is abismal max 60-65MB/s compared to our old
environment where we get something like 100-120MB/s. Unless these issues are
resolved we cannot recommend T2000 and advise to look for other hardware.