Networker

[Networker] Required help on choosing hardware for LAN backups

2008-08-13 14:27:46
Subject: [Networker] Required help on choosing hardware for LAN backups
From: anandhg <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 04:54:52 -0400
Hi, we are running NetWorker 7.3.4 in our environment. I want to introduce a
storage node mainly for LAN based backups. I am comparing the HP RX6600 and SUN
T2000 as a storage node. Can you give me some recommendation on which
hardware/processor would be best suited for LAN based backups. The daily
backups will be approx 7TB. So I am planning to go with D2D2T using adv_file
and staging.