Networker

[Networker] saveset sizes?

2008-08-13 02:28:33
Subject: [Networker] saveset sizes?
From: Jeff Allison <stigger05 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:26:22 +1000
We are currently backing up a windows file server with 5 drives most
of these are over a 1TB 2 are 3TB and 1 is 7TB, obviously these take a
long time to backup.

So I have some questions

1. Is there a maximum recommended backup size?
2 As I have 5 tape drives is there a way to allow the one saveset f:\
for example to stream to multiple tapes?
3. As we don't control the filesystem layout does anyone have a cool
example of how to split up the drive into separate directory's
F:\dir1, f:\dir2 etc and then run a catchall f:\ with skip statments
for F:\dir1, F:\dir2  etc???
4: Does anyone have any other great ideas I should be think of???

TIA

Jeff