Networker

Re: [Networker] Problems renaming NW 7.4.2 server in Windows

2008-08-11 21:39:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problems renaming NW 7.4.2 server in Windows
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 12:55:15 -0500
Hi,
I would suggest to research a bit, but my initial thoughts are
Have you rebooted windows server after changing the name ? restarted
services ?
Look into NMC install directory ( GST\bin) and see if you can modify file
"asasrv.ini"
Lastly you can re-install the NMC, keeping your old dB.
Thanks

MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
08/08/2008 12:42 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Problems renaming NW 7.4.2 server in Windows

I'm following ESG67624, and trying to rename my NW 7.4.2 server. I have
saved all the client IDs; I have renamed my server to a new temporary
name. However, I can't access the NMC; it says "Problems contacting the
old server name". I tried deleting the Java cache; no luck. I tried
accessing it via web browser at "http://127.0.0.1:9000";; no response. An
"nslookup" of the new temporary name succeeds, and gives the proper IP
address of the server. I even have the IP address in the hosts file, with
the new, temporary name. Noweher in the host file is the old name, nor is
it in the DNS server, nor is it in the DNS cache on Windows (which I've
also cleared).

So I can't get into the NMC at all, and so can't continue in any way,
apparently. I'm none too pleased with the directions, which have 3
problems that I've found so far, and I'm not even halfway through the
process ....

Anyone?

--
Michael Leone