Networker

[Networker] Blocksize, LTO4 tapes, Networker 7.4, Sun/Sparc Solaris 9

2008-08-08 16:55:54
Subject: [Networker] Blocksize, LTO4 tapes, Networker 7.4, Sun/Sparc Solaris 9
From: Lauradel Collins <lauradel AT CS.UOREGON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 13:53:07 -0700
I'm running Networker 7.4 on a Sun/Sparc Solaris 9 server, with a SpectraLogic T50 jukebox, two LTO4 drives.

I want to verify what blocksize Networker is actually writing to the drives - I believe it's 64kb. These drives are much more efficient at 512kb.

I manually set the drives to 512kb, but (admittedly only one try) they couldn't read a previously written to tape.

If I want to change to 512kb blocksize, will I have to relabel all the tapes?

Also, I believe I read somewhere that Networker always writes the labels at 64kb and the backup data at something else.

Just beginning this investigation, and am looking to skirt red herrings.

Thanks.

--
lauradel collins/systems administrator  lauradel AT cs.uoregon DOT edu
computer science department             phone: 541-346-1389