Networker

Re: [Networker] after nsrck -L7, still can't browse older savesets

2008-08-06 16:04:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] after nsrck -L7, still can't browse older savesets
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 14:58:40 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] after nsrck -L7, still can't browse older...:

I'm curious if you had renamed the index on disk and then recovered an older pre-4.2 version of the index, if that might have worked since it would have been empty before the recovery?

I thought I had mentioned it but perhaps not: one of the steps I tried after a few people offered suggestions was to completely remove the index,
and then use -L7 on the 05/04/08 date.  That didn't work, but it did
create the index directory and the necessary top level files.

If I did the same step with the 06/01/08 full, which was also an index
saved under 7.2.2, that worked.

Will 'nsrck -L7' work if you don't already have at least a template index on disk?

Yes, it will.

With fall semester starting in a couple weeks, I have enough other fires
to deal with that I'm through thinking about this issue for a few weeks.
By the time I have free time to devote to it, I think all of our client
indexes from the pre 7.4.2 days will be gone.

Tim
edu