Networker

Re: [Networker] Advanced file system device during a network outage

2008-08-04 13:52:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Advanced file system device during a network outage
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 13:49:06 -0400
On Aug 4, 2008, at 1:16 PM, Merill Ronquillo wrote:

I know this is a laaaaate reply, but I noticed you are active on the list. We are also using the X4500/ZFS combo for AFTDs and are seeing the same problem where devices are randomly unmounted. The X4500s were a pain for a
while with all the marvell driver issues. We also implement automatic
staging. Do you only see this problem when using staging policies? We're
running 7.4.2 (Solaris).

I am the one who posted that inquiry back in November. To answer your question, we use the built-in automatic staging feature. I guess I am lucky because other then the disk unmounting that one time back in November, this problem never occurred again ... and we have had several scheduled and surprise network interruptions since that time. My x4500 is set up as a pretty vanilla system. We contracted out to Sun to set it up, including the 10TB ZFS volume we use as the AFTD.