Networker

Re: [Networker] linux 32-bit

2008-07-30 15:27:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] linux 32-bit
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:21:20 -0400

We were receiving the following error message on a regular basis:
*** glibc detected *** corrupted double-linked list: 0x0000002a98733f70
***

Even after switching to 32-bit Networker, the problem continued.  I was
surprised by tech support with a patched nsrexecd for the 32-bit system.
We have been much more stable since that patch.  I am still having some
spotty issues with a few save sets on different linux clients failing
for full and differential backups.  For that reason and the java 6
compatibility on NMC, a pending upgrade of our libraries to LTO-4 with
encryption, I'm looking to move to v7.4.2 - still using 32-bit
Networker, though.  We'd been using the 64-bit Networker on Solaris and
had deliberately decided to use 64-bit on Linux.  Until this error we
had not really had any issues with our system setup.

I hope this helps.

Patti Clark
Sr. Unix System Administrator - RHCT, GSEC
Office of Scientific and Technical Information