Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup restore relocate path for unix

2008-07-30 14:13:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup restore relocate path for unix
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 19:11:50 +0100
James Pratt wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: EMC NetWorker discussion [mailto:NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU]
On Behalf Of kurianv
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:44 AM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

hi,
I have networker 7.2 on windows. I would like to restore some of my
unix data .
When i used recover data from using networker user, in that there is
an option for
relocating path. When i type in the location , its returning an error
asking to enter
the path as unix path. I suppose we have to enter the full path. But
in windows
managed client what is the naming convention i should use. Can u give
me an
example for target_hostname::/mountpoint. I know the mount ppoint but
not the
target hostname.

Your suggestions would be valuable

Rgds,
Kurianv

I'd been wondering about this myself, so I tried to recover some unix
data back to networker c:\temp folder using "/temp" as the recover
option location, and this is what I got after attempting it:
Recovering files of client 'www.norwich.edu' from server
'networker.norwich.edu' to client 'networker.norwich.edu'.
Recovering 1470 files within /home into TEMP:\
Total estimated disk space needed for recover is 23 MB.
Requesting 1470 file(s), this may take a while...
Permission denied by server networker.norwich.edu: Cross platform
recovery not supported

Like it says: Cross platform recovery not supported.

You may be able to do it with the recover command but you certainly can't do it with the GUI version.