Networker

Re: [Networker] Is Solaris 9 64-bit supported?

2008-07-23 21:23:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Is Solaris 9 64-bit supported?
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:18:13 +1000
Solaris 7,8,9 are usually 64 bit, with the option to run in 32 bit mode,
mainly if you have older hardware... But hardly anyone needs to do that
any more.   Solaris 10 is 64-bit only.

The 64-bit package will work just fine on your sol9 box, what they're
saying is it will only work on a sparc platform running in 64bit mode.
Sol9 is fully supported.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store
or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all
copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's
own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.