Networker

Re: [Networker] upgrading 7.3.3 to 7.3.4, clients?

2008-07-23 15:33:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] upgrading 7.3.3 to 7.3.4, clients?
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:30:12 +0300
Alex Alexiou wrote:
We have one client on 6.1.x that we also can't upgrade. However, I would
definitely recommend you upgrade your other clients to 7.3. We had a
problem where large savesets would appear to complete successfully, but
a bug in the client caused them to fail without notification. Upgrading
to 7.3.3 clients fixed it. The error we saw when this happened was
"lgto_reauth fail".

Thanks for the tip. I checked daemon.log and so far did not find the error you mention. I am in the process of upgrading the zoo, but it can take some time with almost 300 clients maintained by many system administrators. Hopefully, after upgrading to 7.4, upgrade will be easier.