Networker

Re: [Networker] After 7.4.sp1 install web gets Java runtime exception

2008-07-23 15:10:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] After 7.4.sp1 install web gets Java runtime exception
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:05:43 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] After 7.4.sp1 install web gets Java runtime...:

I have currently a Networker 7.3
system running.

I installed 7.4. on a different server,
a successor system . I open the web gui
to validate the install and get a runtime exception :

java.lang.RuntimeException: Undefined product taskbar:Please clear the
Java Web Start cache and relaunch the application
        at
COM.legato.gwt.framework.LServiceProvider.getApplicationTaskBar(LService
Provider.java:818)

You probably need to provide more information.  What operating system and
what version of Java are you using on your PC?  Is the new server running
just NetWorker 7.4, or is it some later version, like 7.4.2?

I get this exact same error on my x86_64-sun-solaris2.10 workstation with
Java 1.5.0_16.  I had been able to launch the NMC successfully, but now
I get the same stack trace.  I applied OS updates and updated firefox
(from 2.0.0.14 to 2.0.0.15, and now 3.0.1) in the interim, and one of
those updates must have broken NMC somehow.

In my case, the login box comes up, I enter my username and password, and
only then do I get the "Unable to launch NetWorker Management Console" Java Web Start dialog. Clicking on the "Details" button followed by the
"Exceptions" tab shows the same stack trace you provide.

Running

        javaws

and then removing applications and choosing "Edit->Preferences" and
clicking the "Delete Files" in the "Temporary Internet Files" area doesn't
make any difference.  I've also removed my entire personal .java
directory, and that also doesn't make a difference.

Tim
edu