Networker

Re: [Networker] What license do I need?

2008-07-21 10:57:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] What license do I need?
From: David Dulek <ddulek AT FASTENAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:53:34 -0500
1 Server lic
2 clients (but you get 10 with the Network Edition server)
1 Oracle module (specify OS when ordering)
Autochanger (<32 slots)

I don't believe that you need the ClientPaks once you hit 7.4 but you
can double check that.

If you do, you will need a ClientPak for every OS you are backing up.

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 10:34 -0400, brano wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm little bit confuse about EMC NetWorker licensing.
> We are using 7.4.2.
> NetWorker server is on linux machine, it has configured 2 backup clients. On
> second linux machine is NetWorker client software (there are 3 backup clients
> configured to backup this box). HP 920 LTo-3, 8 tapes autoloader is attached
> to server. And we also use NetWorker module for Oracle to backup database on
> second machine.
>  Thank you for respons.
> Brano

> |This was sent by brano AT email DOT cz via Backup Central.

> this list. You can access the archives at

David Dulek
Storage Administration Lead
Fastenal Company
E-mail: ddulek AT fastenal DOT com