Networker

[Networker] Can't find Client Data restored through Solarias Zone

2008-07-14 02:56:02
Subject: [Networker] Can't find Client Data restored through Solarias Zone
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 02:55:40 -0400
I just tested this on our Zoned host (recovering a mailbox in a Child Zone's
/var/mail) and it worked.

We're using the 7.4 client on the Global box though (Global only, not the
children), and its on Sol-10 8/07:

xxx machtype 480R (CPUs: 4 X 900MHz), 8192 Mb mem, OS 5.10_120011-14_8-07

[That last bit is <OS>_<KERNEL>_<REV From /etc/release>]

I assume you've got everything mounted on the Global zone so that it can be
'covered' by the software OK?  That was the trickiest part of the box setup,
since I ended up doing a *lot* of LOFS mounts.

We're not likely going to do Zones much anymore after that, at least in
SPARC-land; We've got some T2000s to spare and probably leverage LDOM instead.
Long-term maint is easier even if you have to provision a lot more disk (and I
won't discuss patching a Zoned box).

--TSK
Timothy Kimball, Sungard/BRASS