Networker

Re: [Networker] Advice on upgrading from 7.2.2?

2008-07-08 11:52:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Advice on upgrading from 7.2.2?
From: "Dias, Kent (Contractor)" <Robert.K.Dias.contractor AT ALTRIA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:45:32 -0400
>>3. Will we need to upgrade our clients immediately, say, before
upgrading the server? Would be kind of a pain to have to do that the
same day as the server upgrade.

We just rolled our last server (Windows) to 7.4.2 from 7.2.2 last week.
We experienced issues on windows clients that were older than ver7.2 but
the older UNIX, AIX, etc clients were fine.

The failure alerts for the older clients that didn't work looked like
this:

--- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---

* server1:All 1 retry attempted
* server1:All usage: savefs [<options>] path
* server1:All usage: savefs -p [<options>] [path ...]
* server1:All options: [-BEFnqRv] [-s server] [-c client] [-l level | -C
schedule] [-N name]
* server1:All    [-g group] [-e expiration] [-f filename] [-W width] [-t
date]