Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.2 save sessions that do not "kill"

2008-06-30 14:28:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.2 save sessions that do not "kill"
From: Kevin Malone <kcmalone AT SALISBURY DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:23:11 -0400
Thanks Michael.  I think that is the answer.

Its like a new car.  All the things are there but they may be in a new place.
I think EMC tried to put that diagnostic view in so that average Joe users
wouldn't see options that administrators need on a daily basis.

 I will turn that on and leave it on so that my next set of questions will be
answered by looking at the tabs it opens up.

Kevin

>>> MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV> 6/30/2008 2:01 PM >>>
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
06/30/2008 10:56:41 AM:

> One thing I have noticed about NW 7.4.2 is that if you have to
> "kill" a backup session, if you do so in a Windows environment using
> something like Process Explorer, or kill a savegroup, the sessions
> in Networker do not actually drop off.  You have to go to the client
> and kill the save process on the client to stop the session completely.

I have not. I have seen where they do not stop in a timely fashion. But if
you use the "Diagnostic" view, there is a "stop Now" option on the group.