Networker

[Networker] Disc Backup Tier licensing

2008-06-27 10:07:25
Subject: [Networker] Disc Backup Tier licensing
From: Lars Nilsson J <lars.j.nilsson AT ERICSSON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:32:17 +0200
Hi,

We are use the Sun branded Networker and I have planned to start using
diskbackup.

Sun har four different tiers in their pricelist:

DiskBackup Option Tier 1: less than 1TB
DiskBackup Option Tier 2: 1TB to less than 6TB
DiskBackup Option Tier 3: 6TB to less than 10 TB
DiskBackup Option Tier 4: 10TB to less than 50TB

I have a Storagetek 6140 storage with ~10 TB raw storage and has planned
to buy a tier 3 license.

But Sun's descriptions as above made me wonder if I need to buy 3
enablers ie. Tier 1 + 2 + 3 to be able to use up to less that 10 TB ?

Buying all three is _much_ more expensive ( $15000 instead of 8000 ) so
I hope that it's not like that.

/lars