Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker DEATH VALLEY

2008-06-27 06:59:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker DEATH VALLEY
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:56:15 +0100
Eddie Albert wrote:
Ok well WELCOME to NETWORKER DEATH VALLEY!

7.1.1 Dead
7.2.x Dies on Monday June 30th. How many others still using 7.2.1 or 7.22
jumbo?

So on daily PB backups migration concerns are HUGE. (no pun intended).

It would be cool if you look on PowerStink and see a gauge that looked like
a speedOmeter.

On the low end is v6.1, spin to the right 7.1, then 7.2, 7.22, 7.34, 7.4.1,
7.4.2 and then the shaky needle shows 7.4.3 beta.

We are actually 90% 7.2.1 today with a migration to 7.3.4. Anyone using
7.3.4?

I don't understand why you would be migrating to 7.3.anything at this time. IME 7.4.2 is as stable as any NetWorker release has ever been. I have been one of the sceptics on upgrading beyond 7.2.x up until recently, mainly due to bad reports of early 7.3 versions and a resistance to using NMC, but recently I have been working with 7.4.1 and 7.4.2 and have found them to be generally good.

I even upgraded my home office system to 7.4.2 - trusting my own personal data to a new version.