Networker

Re: [Networker] adding more drive

2008-06-27 06:50:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] adding more drive
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:48:03 +0100
Bruce Breidall wrote:
A lot depends on the type of library you are adding, but in general you
should just forget about the auto-config wizard and the gui, and stick
with jbconfig, especially with unix. I have never seen it work right.

Your assumptions are correct. In order to add one device, you have to
delete the library first, then delete all the existing devices, then
configure them all back in. Very straightforward and well documented -
not.

It is not necessary to delete and re-add the devices, just the jukebox is sufficient.

I agree with your views about auto-config. I have also never seen it work properly and as soon as you come to configs with library sharing and DDS it hasn't a hope in hell of getting it how you want it.