Networker

Re: [Networker] Persistent Binding Issue (again)

2008-06-26 13:21:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Persistent Binding Issue (again)
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:16:23 -0400
Version of Tape drives is LTO 2
Server is 7.2.2 running on a quad processor Dell Power Edge 2650 running
Windows Server 2003 - SP2.

The download URL was posted on this list a few weeks ago... It's

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/Windows/Win2003/Latest/

The filename I downloaded was IBMTape.x86_6193.zip (828KB).

It contains two install programs: install_exclusive.exe and
install_nonexclusive.exe (but NO INSTALL.EXE ! ~) like I said earlier,
the readme file makes no mention of the reg files.

The library is also from Dell (PV136T, a re-branded ADIC), we do not
have IBM support. EMC spec'd everything, the software, hardware, tape
drives, etc... Then they sent consultants to install / set it up,
problem is they did not leave us any documentation on how to
re-implement the persistent binding they put in place, which worked
flawlessly reboot after reboot. EMC should require their consultants to
document what they do.... Dell's solution is to use Dell Drivers (which
have not worked as well as the IBM drivers have in our past experience).