Networker

Re: [Networker] command line recover options?

2008-06-25 15:53:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] command line recover options?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:47:17 -0400
--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM
Philadelphia Housing Authority
2500 Jackson St
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Tel:  215-684-4180
Cell: 215-252-0143
<mailto:michael.leone AT pha.phila DOT gov>

EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
06/25/2008 03:24:48 PM:

> In regard to: [Networker] command line recover options?, MIchael
> Leone said...:
>
> > NW 7.4.2, on Win2003.
> >
> > I need to do a command line recover (as a scheduled task), and I've
always
> > ever used the GUI. What I need if to recover from client OLD, drive F:
and
> > all sub-directories, to be recovered to the NetWorker server, drive F:
and
> > all subdirectories.
> >
> >> From the NW server, would this do what I want?
> >
> > recover -a -f -s NWSERVER -c OLD F: -d F:
>
> I don't know if the windows command line works the same, but on UNIX,
the
> "-a path" must be together and must be the last thing on the command
line,
> since more than one path can be specified.  Try
>
>     recover -f -c OLD -s NWSERVER -d F: -a F:
>
> and see how that works.

Here's what I've got scheduled:

recover -v -f -s NWSERVER -c OLD  -d F: -a -I dirlist.txt

and "dirlist.txt" has source paths, one to a line. ex:

F:\special operations
F:\specialty crew

Don't think the spaces should matter, as it doesn't mention delimiting the
path name. I imagine it parses until it find a CRLF. There are 32 source
directories, and I only want 30 (skipping the 2 system subdirectories
("SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION" and "RECYCLER"). Wouldn't do to try and
overwrite those existing subdirectories on the target server ....

We'll see tonight, I guess. :-) I'll run the script by hand tonight, to
make sure it works. Then I'll schedule it for the weekend.

Thanks