Networker

Re: [Networker] command line recover options?

2008-06-25 15:29:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] command line recover options?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:24:48 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] command line recover options?, MIchael Leone said...:

NW 7.4.2, on Win2003.

I need to do a command line recover (as a scheduled task), and I've always
ever used the GUI. What I need if to recover from client OLD, drive F: and
all sub-directories, to be recovered to the NetWorker server, drive F: and
all subdirectories.

From the NW server, would this do what I want?

recover -a -f -s NWSERVER -c OLD F: -d F:

I don't know if the windows command line works the same, but on UNIX, the
"-a path" must be together and must be the last thing on the command line,
since more than one path can be specified.  Try

        recover -f -c OLD -s NWSERVER -d F: -a F:

and see how that works.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)