Networker

Re: [Networker] command line recover options?

2008-06-25 15:24:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] command line recover options?
From: "Landwehr, Jerome" <jlandweh AT HARRIS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:22:34 -0400
from the man page, it looks like you want this type of command

NAME
     recover - browse and recover NetWorker files

SYNOPSIS
     recover [-f] [-n] [-u] [-q] [-i {nNyYrR}]  [-I  input  file]
     [-d  destination] [-c client] [-x index-namespace] [-t date]
     [ -s server] -a path...

so I'd suggest this is what you'd want

recover -f -d F: -c OLD -s NWSERVER -a F:

and yes, this will get all subdirectories of the client's F: drive

if you wanted to _not_ get some directories, the best you could do is
specify every path you _do_ want and use the -I option:

     -I input file
          Takes the paths to recover from the command  line,  and
          read  paths  to recover from the named file.  The paths
          must be listed one per line.  If no paths are specified
          on the command line, then only those paths specified in
          the file will be recovered.  To be used in  conjunction
          with -a option.

cheers
Jerry