Networker

Re: [Networker] StorFirst Altus-CBRM replacement?

2008-06-23 16:45:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] StorFirst Altus-CBRM replacement?
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:35:30 -0400
Please let me know what you find out. I have opened case after case with EMC.
The CBRM module works, but has such bad performace (I've worked with EMC many
times to optimize it, still it's dog slow). They don't seem to understand why I
don't just by a second Centera, build out a DR site, pay for the bandwidth, and
replicate the data. The only reason we have a Centera is for regulatory
reasons, it doesn't make any money for our company - Spending another $250k+
just isn't going to cut it.

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
www.otaotr.com     | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff  | Fax:   914-460-4139