Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker client RPMv3

2008-06-20 10:52:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker client RPMv3
From: "Edward S. Marshall" <esm AT FNAL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:37:58 -0500
ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm.org/rpm/dist/rpm-3.0.x/rpm-3.0.6.tar.gz

Grab that, untar somewhere, "configure --prefix=/opt/rpm3 && make && make
install". Use in good health. :-)

--
Edward S. Marshall <esm AT fnal DOT gov>
MIS Department Technical Services

             Kenneth Holter
             <kenneho.ndu@GMAI
             L.COM>                                                     To
             Sent by: EMC              NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

             NetWorker                                                  cc
             discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE                                     Subject
             RV.TEMPLE.EDU>            Re: [Networker] NetWorker client
                                       RPMv3

             06/20/2008 01:27
             AM

             Please respond to
               EMC NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE
              RV.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
              Kenneth Holter
             <kenneho.ndu@GMAI
                  L.COM>

Yes, resigning the packages with RPMv3 would be an alternative. I don't,
however, have RPMv3 installed on any of our systems, and would need to
downgrade from RPMv4. I'm not sure if this is a very good idea, as I'm
afraid it will break my RPM DB. You don't happen to have experience with
this sort of issue?

On 6/19/08, Clark, Patti <clarkp AT osti DOT gov> wrote:

> [...]

type