Networker

Re: [Networker] what does client resource look like with savegrp -O -l full

2008-06-19 19:50:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] what does client resource look like with savegrp -O -l full
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 00:42:29 +0100
jcmps821 wrote:
NetWorker docs recommend running following command before upgrading to v7.4.2
in an AIX v5.3 environment :

savegrp -O -l full -G MySaveGrpName

MySaveGrpName would be a special savegrp associated with a custom media pool
for faster server recoveries.

the savegroup name is supposed to have all your client resource records but it
does not tell you what the client resource records look like ... what is the
SaveSet name you specify?

Since we have over 220 clients (even more client resources), I'm trying to find a
quick & easy way to build this config ... I know nsradmin is available but not
too intuitive.

Any suggestions welcome ... thanks up front

Anything - it doesn't matter. Don't create special client resources for this, just use the existing ones.