Networker

Re: [Networker] Recycle to/from other pools

2008-06-19 15:13:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recycle to/from other pools
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:01:08 -0400
Way back in April we had this discussion and I opened my issue with EMC and fought with them for a week. I thought we'd left it that there was agreement there was ambiguity in the documentation about how recycle was supposed to work. I was expecting that the documentation would be cleared up. I was surprised yesterday when I was asked to test a new nsrmmgd for LGTsc16781 which causes recycle to change the volume label.

If you have tapes that were labeled using templates and have changed the properties of the jukebox to match the barcodes -- this fix will now relabel the tapes to match their barcode when they are recycled. If you are strictly using label templates and you allow a Scratch pool to recycle into another pool -- the tape will be relabeled with using the template for the pool it is going into.

YAY!

Don't all clog EMC's powerlink trying to get this fix at once now ;-)