Networker

Re: [Networker] Storage Nodes on same Library?

2008-06-19 14:37:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Storage Nodes on same Library?
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 13:27:15 -0500
Jim,

We have 2 T950 libraries, and use both Storage nodes, and Dedicated
Storage nodes.  In our setup, our large (2TB+) SQL servers are dedicated
storage nodes, and backup their own SQL databases.   After doing that
with our 5 largest SQL servers, we still had trouble backing up all of
our data within  a 18 hour window, so we added a storage node.   This
enabled our backups to fall within a 14 hour window - something much
more acceptable.

So, as others have said, you could need up to 3 different license types
- storage node, dedicated storage node, and up to 12 Dynamic Drive
sharing licenses.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk