Networker

Re: [Networker] Solaris 9 + LP10000-E + NetWorker 7.4.1

2008-06-16 10:44:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Solaris 9 + LP10000-E + NetWorker 7.4.1
From: Prasad Chalikonda <prasadchalikonda AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 07:24:38 -0700
Hi Terry,

The issue here is a little different. We are trying
NOT to use the Sun
Leadville driver, but use regular Emulex drivers.

I'll see if USE_LUS_NO=YES makes any difference.

Thanks
Prasad.

lemons_terry AT emc DOT com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I had a somewhat similar problem some time ago, and
wrote these notes.  Please let me know if this helps.

> "NetWorker for Solaris makes use of the 'cfgadm'
utility to obtain device
> information; thus, NetWorker will work correctly in
those environments where
> 'cfgadm' works correctly.
>
> In order to ensure correct NetWorker operation on
Solaris 8 or 9 systems with
> Leadville, the environment variable definition
USE_LUS_NO=YES must be set.
> This environment variable must be available both to
the NetWorker daemons and
> to any command shell in which NetWorker CLI commands
will be executed.

> The setting of this environment variable will force
NetWorker installed on a
> Solaris 8 or 9 system, with Leadville, to use the
cfgadm utility.  If the
> cfgadm utility is not showing devices, NetWorker
will not show devices.

> When USE_LUS_NO is set, the lus_add_fp_devs.sh
script should not be run. "