Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrade from 7.2 - 7.4 question

2008-06-14 17:18:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrade from 7.2 - 7.4 question
From: Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 07:08:52 +1000
7.4 still uses the WISS database. The only thing that uses iAnywhere (Sybase)
is NMC.Siobhán> Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 09:06:49 -0400> From: stan AT TEMPLE DOT
LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> > On Jun 14, 2008, at 8:04 AM, Davina Treiber wrote:>
> > Goslin, Paul wrote:> >> Thanks Tim,> >> Our largest client index is 53GB,
almost twice the amount of > >> available> >> free space on the partition (next
largest is 20GB), so I think the> >> conversion could run out of space while
converting the large client> >> index..> >> > There is no change to the index
format between 7.2.x and 7.4.x, thus > > there is no index conversion
necessary.> > Really? Somewhere between 7.2.x and 7.4 the database engine for
the > CFI is changed from WISS to Sybase. When I upgraded from 7.2.1 to 7.4, >
a database conversion definitely occurred. One of the benefits of the > new
database technology is that it requires less disk space for the > CFI. I don't
think the media database changed though, but I am not > certain of that.> > To
sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type
AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can
access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or>
Never miss another e-mail with Hotmail on your mobile.
http://www.livelife.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=343869