Networker

[Networker] Solaris 9 + LP10000-E + NetWorker 7.4.1

2008-06-14 08:27:11
Subject: [Networker] Solaris 9 + LP10000-E + NetWorker 7.4.1
From: Prasad Chalikonda <prasadchalikonda AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:18:01 -0400
Hello,

Anyone using the above combination, with regular lpfc drivers? Not
Leadville. Our 13 Storage Nodes are connected to an ADIC i500, LTO4 drives.
They are all Solaris 9. All have the same problem.

Using LPFC driver 6.20j, /dev/rmt files are created, but inquire doesn't
show the tape drives. With lower version of 6.10gx1, which is what is listed
on Powerlink, inquire sees the tape drives, but no /dev/rmt files are
created. Even if we clean up /dev/rmt and /dev/nrs* devices, inquire works!

I've tried 5 different drivers,but can't seem to get both inquire to work
and /dev/rmt files created. Have got to know lus.conf pretty well though.
Also installed latest st patch.

There is our Solaris 10 Server, connected to the same library, which is
fine. FYI - the above Solaris 9 servers are storage nodes.

So, if anyone has the same environment as ours, could you share the version
of the LPFC driver that works?

Thanks
Prasad.