Networker

Re: [Networker] over run rmans

2008-06-12 12:52:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] over run rmans
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 09:46:29 -0700
Michael

We only have one Oracle client on Solaris 7 and are running Networker
7.2 on Windows XP.  What I have done is to write a script that runs as a
cron job every 20 minutes that checks the available space on the file
system and once it reaches as certain level it kicks off a Networker
group to back up the archive logs.  In the group I replaced the save
command with a script that saves a list of the files that will be backed
up, runs the 'save' command, then deletes the backed up archive log
files.  It has worked well for me for over a decade.

I don't use rman so I don't know how that would affect things.

I'd be happy to send you a copy of my scripts if you want to see them.

Dave

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.
Salem, Oregon