Networker

Re: [Networker] savegrp -O

2008-06-11 17:46:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] savegrp -O
From: Bruce Breidall <Bruce.Breidall AT CONCUR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:35:24 -0700
Because I am cloning by group, and we have a very limited number of
drives to work with so I have to carefully pick the cloning window. The
script does several things besides cloning.

Plus, have you ever tried getting input from EMC on the subject of DR
and putting together a DR strategy with cloning? I put together
something that I understand and can support. I asked for help and they
offered it at $240/hr, which I'm sure I would have redone anyways, just
like everything else.

Plus, with controllable scripts you can generate the auditing
information you need much easier by creating your own logs.

I chose to do it this way, getting help and ideas from my peers.

Isn't the end result the same?