Networker

Re: [Networker] are indexes skipped during backup of networker server

2008-06-11 14:13:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] are indexes skipped during backup of networker server
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT yahoo DOT ie>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:09:24 +0000
thanks for everyone who replied to this so far.
&nbsp;
An nsrck -L7 on a large client index with lots of small files took over 30
minutes. Other nsrck -L7 seem to take on average at least 10 minutes. This
means that in an environment with a large number of clients (+200) there is a
lot of time required to recover all client indexes.
&nbsp;
Are there any ways to speed up client index recovery so that DR of a networker
server can be increased timewise?
&nbsp;
Can i backup a client while I am running nscrk -L7 for its client index? I
presume that i cant?
&nbsp;
What times are others seeing for client index recoveries using nsrck -L7
&nbsp;
Thanks again.