Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker client logs?

2008-06-11 11:08:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker client logs?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:02:50 -0400
On Jun 11, 2008, at 10:34 AM, djcunix wrote:

I wanted to do some debugging on a linux client that was having difficulty doing backups. I noticed nothing being written to ./nsr/ logs/* and was curious if I had to enable the log files. After a bit of looking, I didn't find anything or any real reference to client logging in networker. I opened up a ticket with EMC to ask how to enable client logs. The answer I got back was:

"log files are available ONLY on the networker server and not on the client."

I have a hard time believing that Networker clients do not generated logs. Is this true?

There's nothing special to enable. In my experience, a client's NSR logs are updated only for certain types of problems on the client such as a bad file system, or a problem with an applications module on the client.