Networker

Re: [Networker] Script for Read Only

2008-06-09 21:03:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Script for Read Only
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 14:29:23 -0500

Hello,
Question for you, is your new Tape Lib uses same type of Tape media, if not,  sure if you need to worry about marking tapes as read only.
If you really have to do it try.
There are different ways to get this done, here is one,you can produce a list of tape first then pipe it to nsrmm and mark them read only.
HTH

Alan Skinner <alan.skinner AT US.ARMY DOT MIL>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>

06/09/2008 01:43 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond to
Alan Skinner <alan.skinner AT US.ARMY DOT MIL>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc
Subject
[Networker] Script for Read Only

Windows Server 2003 Environment
Networker 7.2.1

I have moved over to a new library. Need to mark old tapes as read only
with a script. Labeled by Bar Codes. I have over 200. Be very detailed,
don't use scripts that often. I am a windows guy, love those GUI's.

Thanks

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or