Networker

Re: [Networker] Insufficient system resources ??

2008-06-06 12:23:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Insufficient system resources ??
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 12:14:36 -0400
On Jun 6, 2008, at 11:29 AM, Goslin, Paul wrote:

Define 'enough disk space'...

Does Networker make a temporary copy of each file it backs up on the
disk were Networker is installed ? Networker is installed on the C:
drive of this client, which currently has 8.8 GB of free space.. Is this the result of attempting to backup a file larger than 8.8 GB ? Is there
a way to have the Networker client use another disk for temporary work
space or should it be installed on a disk with the most available free
space on the client ?

The amount of space you need probably depends on what you back up. I am not a Windows expert, so I can't give specifics. I suggest you check the system admin guide for info. I think the details are there. You can create a temp folder on a larger disk and just replace \nsr \tmp with a short cut that points to the real folder. Do this on the NetWorker client and make sure the NetWorker remote exec is shut down on that client while you set this up.