Networker

Re: [Networker] Multiple actions for bootstrap report

2008-05-14 04:55:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Multiple actions for bootstrap report
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:49:51 +0100
This is something that is easy to work around. My usual approach is to write a simple script (in whatever language you favour) which reads the notification text from STDIN and does as many things with it as you like. For a bootstrap notification I would typically email it, plus store it on a different filesystem from /nsr, and copy it to another machine. Depending on your level of paranoia you might also choose to send it to a machine on another site, or another continent, post it on Usenet, print it, etc.