Networker

Re: [Networker] Multiple actions for bootstrap report

2008-05-13 17:49:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Multiple actions for bootstrap report
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 00:46:42 +0300
Ken Kleiner wrote:
Thanks for the information. I'll instead have the notification call a script to write the data to a file, and then have that script do what I want with the output.

I still am wondering though - can Networker have and use 2 notifications with the same event and priority?

It works with no apparent problem. Now at 7.3.4, but this has been working at 7.2.2 as well (do notice that these two notification objects has different names):

# cat 03/00d50393000000000000000044966a9d8442100d
action:\
"/usr/ucb/Mail -s \"Legato savegroup completed\" legato AT aristo.tau.ac DOT
il";
comment: Savegrp to procmail filter on aristold;
event: Savegroup;
name: Savegroup Filter;
priority: Notice, Alert;
type: NSR notification;
resource identifier: 0.213.3.147.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.68.150.106.157.132.66.16.13(3)

0.00u 0.00s 0:00.03 0.0%
# cat 07/0007026d353ce28184421014
action:\
"/usr/ucb/mail -s \"legato.tau.ac.il's savegroup completion\" root AT legato.tau.ac DOT il";
event: Savegroup;
immediate: "";
mail home: No;
name: Savegroup completion;
priority: alert, notice;
type: NSR notification;
resource identifier: 0.7.2.109.53.60.226.129.132.66.16.20(589)

Ken Kleiner
UMass Lowell
Computer Science Department
(978) 934-3645