Networker

Re: [Networker] networker user's priviledge question

2008-05-12 09:27:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] networker user's priviledge question
From: Alex Alexiou <AAlexiou AT TARGETSITE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 09:22:51 -0400
I see this a lot too. Below is an article I wrote up on how to fix it:

If you get an error message similar to this:

nsrexecd: SYSTEM error: There is already a machine using the name:
"testsrv01.targetsite.com". Either choose a different name for your
machine, or delete the "NSR peer information" entry for
"testsrv01.targetsite.com" on host: "backupserver.targetsite.com"

In Legato 7.3, communication between different systems involves secure
certificates. To see these certificates in Legato, look under
Configuration-> Local Hosts

If you get the message above, then most likely a machine was rebuilt,
and/or had Legato reinstalled, and a certificate is now invalid.
Deleting this certificate fixes the problem; the next time the two
machines try to communicate, a new certificate will be issued. Just
right-click the certificate and click "Delete".

So, if the error message is nsrexecd: SYSTEM error: There is already a
machine using the name: "testsrv01.targetsite.com". Either choose a
different name for your machine, or delete the "NSR peer information"
entry for "testsrv01.targetsite.com" on host:
"backupserver.targetsite.com", then select backupserver.targetsite.com
under Local Hosts, and delete the certificate labeled
"testsrv01.targetsite.com".

If you're told that "user SYSTEM on system tgtprint01.targetsite.com is
not on administrator list", you to follow a series of steps to give
yourself permission. This, unfortunately, is a pain in the ass. These
directions are derived from the steps on page 564 of the Legato 7.3
Admin guide.

   1. Log on as root onto the machine listed as the "host". In the
example above, it's backupserver.targetsite.com
   2. Run nsradmin -p nsrexec. You'll see an nsradmin> prompt.
   3. Run print type:NSRLA. Note the field listed as "Administrator".
   4. Run update administrator:Current
Values,"user=SYSTEM,host=tgtprint01.targetsite.com". Current Values
represents the values currently set under "adminstrator". Make sure
they're comma separated and in quotes.
   5. Run print type:NSR peer information. Follow the same steps as
above with administrator.
   6. Run print type: NSR system port ranges. Follow the same steps as
above with administator.