Networker

Re: [Networker] How to query for whether a volume is mounted?

2008-05-06 13:25:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to query for whether a volume is mounted?
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 18:20:30 +0100
MIchael Leone wrote:
I have a script that deleted cloned savesets, and frees up disk space, on adv_file devices (I only have enough disk space for one days's backup, so every day, we run scripts to delete data off the adv-file disk device, that has been cloned to tape [i.e., copies=2]). Problem is, some of my clients are virtual servers, on a cluster (Win2003). So sometimes the disk device is mounted on NODE1, and the volume is NWSERVER.001.RO, and sometimes the disk device is mounted on NODE2, and so the volume is NWSERVER.002.RO, depending on which node is hosting the virtual server. And only 1 volume is mounted at a time, of course.

So I'd like to query NW, and ask which one of those 2 volumes are mounted, and issue a "nsrstage -v -C -V %tapevol%" accordingly.

Thoughts? I can't seem to figure out how to do this. this isn't a mminfo query, but I don't know what type of query it is.

Thanks

What about just running the nsrmm command (no params) and parsing the output of that?