Networker

Re: [Networker] Delete data from tape?

2008-05-01 08:48:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Delete data from tape?
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 08:41:46 -0400
I understand the question.  It has come up here, too.  No, networker
does NOT delete data from the media that it is written to under any
circumstance.  You can only overwrite the media.  Everything else is
management of networker indexes and databases.  If this is a regular
situation, you can separate out the "special data" to its own pool and
handle it from there.  This creates other issues that need to be
managed.

Patti Clark
Sr. Unix System Administrator - RHCT, GSEC
Office of Scientific and Technical Information