Networker

Re: [Networker] Delete data from tape?

2008-04-30 13:50:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Delete data from tape?
From: "Cornick,James" <James.Cornick AT CERNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:44:24 -0500
You can delete the save sets from the media database.

You could: nsrmm -d -y <VOLUMEID> (will remove all the savesets from Networkers
knowledage and the tape will be marked as not in media index.  Be careful make
sure you don't want anything on this tape before issueing that command.

Or just label the tape without it being eligible for recycling yet.

If you are only wanting to remove some of the savesets from one tape and hoping
it that you can write to the same tape without labeling it I don't believe this
is possible, however I could be wrong.

James