Networker

Re: [Networker] Library status changes from 'ready' to 'needs attention' when opening the library but does not change back to 'ready' after closing the library

2008-04-30 08:54:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Library status changes from 'ready' to 'needs attention' when opening the library but does not change back to 'ready' after closing the library
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:48:55 -0400
Ronny,

My old procedures were very similar to what you described.  Since one of the
v7.X upgrades I've found that I am better off using the NMC interface and
disabling the library prior to opening up the library to move tapes in and out.
 When finished, I re-enable the library which will go through a hardware and
inventory check which it needs to do anyway.  It will take several minutes
before the library returns to the "Ready" state.  I am using Linux and
Networker v7.3.3.

Patti Clark
Sr. Unix System Administrator - RHCT, GSEC
Office of Scientific and Technical Information