Networker

Re: [Networker] Inactive files

2008-04-29 02:42:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Inactive files
From: Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:38:55 +1000
The value being that people ask questions and then by DiskXtender ;-)

Plans for NetWorker have DX being integrated in with the GUI, and then
further.Siobhán> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:33:54 +1000> From: Peter.Viertel AT
MACQUARIE DOT COM> Subject: Re: [Networker] Inactive files> To: NETWORKER AT
LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> > It's not an error. It's just some potentially useful
information you can> use.> > It's telling you that 89.99% of the data in that
saveset has not changed> in a certain period of time which is to say that
89.99% of your full> backups are most likely a waste of time.> > This
information is being collected now as part of future developments> such as
integrated archiving, I guess the developers saw that there may> be some value
for people if they reported the information.> > > > > > > -----Original
Message-----> > From: EMC NetWorker discussion > > [mailto:NETWORKER AT
LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU] On Behalf Of Tammie Robertson> > Sent: Tuesday, 29
April 2008 12:45 AM> > To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> > Subject:
[Networker] Inactive files> > > > We upgraded to 7.4 many months ago and we are
now starting to get the> > following error from many clients:> > > > Savegroup
warning: Inactive files in save set E:\ on host > > <client_name>> > occupy
89.99 percent of the used space which exceeds threshold of 30> > percent
configured for this client."> > > > I did find KB esg91297 that really doesn't
explain it well and just> > tells me how to disable the alert which I did but I
still get the> > alerts.> > > > What does this mean and what should I do to fix
it?> > > > Thanks> > > > Windows Server 2003> > Networker 7.4> > > > To sign
off this list, send email to > > listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type
"signoff networker" in > > the body of the email. Please write to > >
networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any > > problems with
this list. You can access the archives at > >
http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or> > via RSS at
http://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER> > > > NOTICE> This
e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material
of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act
in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of
them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or
any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and
may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.> > To sign
off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type
AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can
access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or>
Find the job of your dreams before someone else does
http://mycareer.com.au/?s_cid=596064