Networker

Re: [Networker] 1 Server keeps getting this error

2008-04-28 11:14:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] 1 Server keeps getting this error
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:10:58 -0500
Hello,
Once the duplex error is identified and fixed, usually by setting server
switch to AUTO\AUTO or forcing the desired speed  on both end and setting
correct flow control, it should not give errors again, unless something
changes, i.e cable\port\NIC has hardware problems.
I would concentrate on fixing name resolution error, if possible try to
run cmd like backup with extra debugging and make sure name resolution is
configured properly on server\client that should fix your problems.
Thanks

Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
04/28/2008 09:48 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] 1 Server keeps getting this error

   The usual answer I get when I have 'RPC error' is check NICs and make
sure there are no errors on them and that your duplex setting is fixed
(full on *BOTH* sides. *DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SET FULL-DUPLEX ON THE SERVER
ONLY, AS THIS IS A GREAT WAY OF CREATING A DUPLEX MISMATCH*).

Terveen, Frank wrote:
> Dear Legato Guru's
>
> I have been having trouble backing up 1 W2K3 Sp1 server in our ste
>
> We use Legato 7.1.2, all servers are Windows 2000 or 2003
> DNS is working fine for this server but still the server gives the
> following msg in the savegroup completion mail:
>

> dwh02:All 1 retry attempted
> * dwh02:All nsrexec: authtype nsrexec
> * dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
> * dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
> * dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
> * dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
> * dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
> * dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
> * dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
> * dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
> * dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
> * dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
> * dwh02:All savefs: cannot retrieve client resources
>   savefs afmdwh02: failed.
>
> I hope you can help with this
>
> met vriendelijke groeten, / With kind regards,
>
> Frank Terveen
>

> Disclaimer:
> http://www.afm.nl/disclaimer
> http://www.afm.nl/disclaimer_english/
> Indien u de link niet kunt openen, neemt u dan contact op met
> telefoonnummer +31 (0)20 7972000. Meer informatie vindt u op de
> website http://www.afm.nl.
> If you are unable to access the link, please dial +31 (0)20
> 7972000
> Additional information is available on the website
> http://www.afm.nl.

-- Yaron.

type