Networker

Re: [Networker] Exclusion/inclusion

2008-04-25 09:02:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Exclusion/inclusion
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:01:02 -0500
Use directives for excluding things:

<<"D:\zold">> skip:*.*

This directive would skip the zold directory on the D: drive.

The biggest problem if you don't use directives is that you might miss a
new directory if it gets created.   That's why I like ALL, with an
exclusion directive.   If you simply list the directories that you want
to backup, you run the possibility of missing a "new" directory that
someone might add at a later date.   You don't always remember to update
your client definition to reflect the new directory.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk