Networker

[Networker] RAP error - not enough licenses

2008-04-23 11:08:04
Subject: [Networker] RAP error - not enough licenses
From: Smith <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:27:22 -0400
I had the same problem a while back.  This was the solution I was given which
worked, but is a bit of a pain if you have a lot of licenses!  I am on version
7.1.3

Solution Title: Decommissioned clients still consuming backup licenses

Solution ID: legato68096

Here is the solution:

Ensure that there no clients still defined in the backup server, which are now
decommissioned.

Compare the number of clients defined on the backup server VS the number for
clients that exist in the backup server Client File Index structure (i.e.
/nsr/index directory). You may use nwadmin =>indexes tab or from the "nsrls"
command and then compare it to number of defined clients in the index directory.

If index directory has more client's in it than from nwadmin=index tab or nsrls
command then delete the "NON-EXISTING" client's index folders.

Once you have removed the non-existing clients,

a) Remove all of the licenses from the backup server
b) Shutdown NetWorker
c) Startup NetWorker
d) Re-install the enabler codes removed from step (a)

Here is the problem or goal:

Number of connected clients do not exceed number of available licenses

Problem with license

Error: 'save: RAP error: Unable to grant SERVER (UNIVERSAL) CLIENT license to
client (Client_Name): Too many clients. Maximum is (Number)'

Problem Environment:

NetWorker 7.1.2

Has more licenses than connected clients

Causes of this problem: