Networker

[Networker] Script for collecting essential information for disaster recovery purposes

2008-04-18 07:35:56
Subject: [Networker] Script for collecting essential information for disaster recovery purposes
From: Kenneth Holter <kenneho.ndu AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:31:32 +0200
Hi.

We have deviced a disaster recovery plan for recovering our Red Hat
Enteprise Linux servers using NetWorker. What we are in need of now is a way
to collect necessary system information from our backed up servers. Such
information would typically include partitions, LVM, filesystem label, and
so forth. The information will have to be collected on a regular basis to
cope with possible changes.

Does such a script already exist, or must we make it ourselves?

Regards,

kenneho