Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux does not report the client version in nsradmin

2008-04-11 16:51:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux does not report the client version in nsradmin
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:46:46 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Linux does not report the client version in...:

Dave, Tim, Davina, Fazil,
Thank you very much.
I have one quick question How do I get the OS version?  I know in SUN NW the
OS type is also shown. Thanks in Advance.

You want to modify the script to also report the "OS" and "client OS type"
attributes.   If you run this script, you'll see everything that a client
will report:

#! /bin/sh

#
# Author: Davina Treiber et. al.
#
# Synopsis: Given a client name on the command line, contact that client
# and ask it for info.
#

if test $# -lt 1 ; then
        echo "$0: usage: nsr_get_from_client clientname" >&2
        exit 1
fi

printf "%s\n" 'print type:NSRLA' \
        | nsradmin -p390113 -i - -s "$1"

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)